MAKE CARPET BAG. CARPET BAG
MAKE CARPET BAG. RED DAMASK RUG. REMOVAL OF WAX FROM CARPET
Make Carpet Bag
- A carpet bag is a traveling bag made of carpet, commonly from an oriental rug, ranging in size from a small purse to a large duffel bag.
- (Carpet bagging) In United States history, "carpetbaggers" was a negative term Southerners gave to Northerners (also referred to as Yankees) who moved to the South during the Reconstruction era, between 1865 and 1877.
- The structure or composition of something
- give certain properties to something; "get someone mad"; "She made us look silly"; "He made a fool of himself at the meeting"; "Don't make this into a big deal"; "This invention will make you a millionaire"; "Make yourself clear"
- The making of electrical contact
- brand: a recognizable kind; "there's a new brand of hero in the movies now"; "what make of car is that?"
- engage in; "make love, not war"; "make an effort"; "do research"; "do nothing"; "make revolution"
- The manufacturer or trade name of a particular product
Bag your shoes
Istanbul had a very interesting way to deal with shoes....
Maybe it was because it was raining that week in Turkey, or maybe this is an everyday custom, but they make you put your shoes in a plastic bag before you enter the mosque.
At first I was confused, even a little turned off by the whole concept. "They're taking the whole shoes-being-dirty thing to a whole other level and I feel it may make us all late and annoyed before prayer."
But I decided that an extra level of cleanliness in a city that is ravaged by tourists isn't at all a bad idea?
I mean, they can't maintain the most amazing carpets in the Islamic world without maintaining some crazy rules, right?
And is it a coincidence that the Sultanahmet Camii has the best carpet my head has ever prostrated on?
By far, the best. And that includes the Sheikh Zayed Mosque... which is home to the most expensive rug in a mosque--ever.
So while at first I was turned off by the bags, I learned to love them. Or at the very least, thank them and appreciate them.
But... it was still annoying to put them in the bag every time. Oh well, it's the price you gotta pay for foreheads without scabs.
carpet bag lining
had this vintage peacock fabric that i was about to throw out...but then, i thought about my peacock blue carpet bag! btw, the lining makes ALL the difference in this bag to keep it from stretching under the weight of all my schtuff.
average carpet prices
oriental weavers sphinx rug
checkered flag rug
carpet stores in essex
toothbrush rugs instructions
cheap indoor outdoor rugs